Relic Run 2022 - Rock of Ages

Dirtstar1

Supporting Member
Supporter
So I'm digging around in the Radio box, I'd usually try to resurrect a CB for relic run and bring a backup 2 meter ham. Do we feel we are going to try and use CB for this run or can I leave that stuff at home? also, Since GMRS is now up to 20w hand held, My friends have all jumped ship to that.

What do you plan on communicating with?

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
So I'm digging around in the Radio box, I'd usually try to resurrect a CB for relic run and bring a backup 2 meter ham. Do we feel we are going to try and use CB for this run or can I leave that stuff at home? also, Since GMRS is now up to 20w hand held, My friends have all jumped ship to that.

What do you plan on communicating with?

From the FAQ:
Screenshot_20220916_090904.jpg

BHillteq

In the event you don't have one, I'll be using 2 m as well. I'm not sure what Braden is planning for primary communications on the days he's leading but I'm assuming CB as he helped put the frequently asked question guide together.
Last year's Relic Run it seemed like the vast majority were on 2M. That's all I have, and I do have an extra hand-held as well if someone only has CB. If anyone doesn't have a way to communicate, we can stick them in the middle of the pack. Day travel through an easy to follow trail shouldn't be too bad. It's definitely not a night run in the West Desert trying to follow a speeding Kurt in a BJ74 and a million different tracks to wander down. ;)

BHillteq

Speaking of my section, I had a chance to get out this weekend and pre-run it to see how long it would take, and the condition of things. I'm really excited, and it's going to be an absolutely beautiful drive. 95% of it is scenic, easy driving. The drive down to Currant Creek is a bit corrugated, but we can take our time. And the offshoot to the second Uinta camp is a fun section. There's some ruts that may need spotting through, but my wife's stock Tacoma didn't struggle through it. Definitely won't be as tough as Mary Ellen will be, or the drive up to Ting's.

Back