Relic Run 2021 - “Rally at the Reservoir”

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Relic Run for 2021 is on! It will be held this July 22 to the 25th on the shores of Flaming River Reservoir, south of Rock Springs, Wyoming. It will be a base camp style trip with an optional trail ride on Friday to the three corners monument area of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Saturday will be spent at the reservoir so bring your Chris-Craft boat, your Grumman canoe, your army surplus rubber raft, your Sears brand Ted Williams signature fishing pole, your old truck inner tube or any other water toys you may have saved from back in the day and don’t forget the Coppertone tanning butter! We will continue with our traditional Relic Run setup. For those new to this, Thursday afternoon (7/22) we will all meetup at Cruel Jacks truck stop (exit 99 off of I-80) and I will lead everyone into camp. Thursday night after camp setup, we’ll gather around and share some vintage themed hors d’oeuvres (provided by each participant). Friday’s dinner will be a pot luck style. We are gonna try a different approach this year with a sign up sheet for either a main dish, a side dish, or a dessert (I will handle this with a separate post). Saturday’s meal will be provided courtesy of the Expedition Utah gang (anybody wanna volunteer to be the head cook?). We will also have the bbgun marksmanship contest with some cool trophies to be awarded. We are currently working on the registration process so keep monitoring this thread for info. On behalf of the planners and the folks at ExUt, we are looking forward to getting back the old ways of camping and celebrating the ‘olden days’!

Registration is open Here - Relic Run 2021 Registration "Rally at the Reservoir"

Last edited by a moderator:

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Last edited:

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
I have had a few discussions regarding this topic over the years. The consensus amongst the founders and most in attendance is keep it the same as it’s been over the years. To really drill down, the original Relic Run was 1979 or older. A few years back, there was an additional run called the Retro Ramble which was geared exclusively for the 1980’s vintage rigs. The trips started to run concurrently in 2015, which is where the 1989 date cut off was applied to the current trip. Perhaps in the future we can revisit the dates and make it a rolling one but for now, it’s 1989 and older.

bub

Moderator & Supporting Member
Staff member
Supporter
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Relic Run for 2021 is on! It will be held this July 22 to the 25th on the shores of Flaming River Reservoir, south of Rock Springs, Wyoming. It will be a base camp style trip with an optional trail ride on Friday to the three corners monument area of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Saturday will be spent at the reservoir so bring your Chris-Craft boat, your Grumman canoe, your army surplus rubber raft, your Sears brand Ted Williams signature fishing pole, your old truck inner tube or any other water toys you may have saved from back in the day and don’t forget the Coppertone tanning butter! We will continue with our traditional Relic Run setup. For those new to this, Thursday afternoon (7/22) we will all meetup at Cruel Jacks truck stop (exit 99 off of I-80) and I will lead everyone into camp. Thursday night after camp setup, we’ll gather around and share some vintage themed hors d’oeuvres (provided by each participant). Friday’s dinner will be a pot luck style. We are gonna try a different approach this year with a sign up sheet for either a main dish, a side dish, or a dessert (I will handle this with a separate post). Saturday’s meal will be provided courtesy of the Expedition Utah gang (anybody wanna volunteer to be the head cook?). We will also have the bbgun marksmanship contest with some cool trophies to be awarded. We are currently working on the registration process so keep monitoring this thread for info. On behalf of the planners and the folks at ExUt, we are looking forward to getting back the old ways of camping and celebrating the ‘olden days’!

Registration is open Here - Relic Run 2021 Registration "Rally at the Reservoir"

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporter
My brother and I are interested in joining. He has a really cool 1946 Power Wagon with a Cummins diesel.. wouldn’t be able to join until later Friday night would that be a problem??

I am still hoping to make it but time is running out, as it stands right now I have the transmission out of the Trooper and disassembled ( it keeps locking in low range) also the replacement engine I thought was okay is only showing 10 psi oil pressure at idle and 20-25 at 2000 rpm. Waiting on new pump. I see about 2 weeks of work for me to having it ready and by the time I get issues sorted out I might have a week to put it together

Back