Historical OSC 2020

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Funny you should ask. Short answer - Probably.

We just held a meeting on Monday about it. There are many variables at play this year that may dictate it cannot happen, but we are moving forward with plans to hold the event with a back out plan in the event counties and cities ban gatherings again. We will be sure to post announcements on this forum as we have them. Stay tuned and thank you for your interest!

Joe Belk

Where are things standing right now for OSC I talked to Kurt a few weeks ago about volunteering. And possible some a sponsor raffle items from my new company.

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Where are things standing right now for OSC I talked to Kurt a few weeks ago about volunteering. And possible some a sponsor raffle items from my new company.
Planning is ongoing. All indications are that the event is a go. @SAMI is the sponsor contact. Im sure Kurt will reach out about volunteering.

Thank you for your interest!

bub

Moderator & Supporting Member
Staff member
Supporter

Save the Date! Actually two dates! First and foremost, ExpeditionUtah’s annual Overland Skills Camp will take place October 1st-4th. Registration for OSC20 will open September 1st. We’ve worked hard to modify and adapt to state and local event Covid/health ordinances,…

We will open registration to Supporting members first and then open it up to Registered Forum members. Supporting membership costs will be included when we open up registration. So do it now or do it later does not matter to me. By doing it now you will get a jump on those who wait.

To become a supporting member just select your username from the upper menu bar. Select "Account Upgrades"
Account upgrades.PNG

Last edited:

bub

Staff member
Supporter

Registration is open!

cruiseroutfit

Supporter

Registration is open!

Woohoo

Eppie

OSC Alumni
Okay, dumb question as I'm sure it's the obvious... I just had the gears on my Tacoma changed to 5.29's and have already broken in the rear's but still need to break in the front diff. Are we going to engage our 4 wheel drive during the OSC? I think I may have jumped the gun on registering before I realized this and not sure if I have enough time to break in the front gears? I'd really want to join ya but need your expertise to see if I have a chance of going this year. Thanks guys.

Paul R

Supporter
OSC Alumni
Okay, dumb question as I'm sure it's the obvious... I just had the gears on my Tacoma changed to 5.29's and have already broken in the rear's but still need to break in the front diff. Are we going to engage our 4 wheel drive during the OSC? I think I may have jumped the gun on registering before I realized this and not sure if I have enough time to break in the front gears? I'd really want to join ya but need your expertise to see if I have a chance of going this year. Thanks guys.

I'm no gear expert, but I personally wouldn't be too worried about it. If you did need 4wd it isn't likely to be anything too extreme that I would be concerned with.

cruiseroutfit

Supporter

Total non-issue in fact the trail ride would be a great place to engage 4WD and get some miles on new gears.

Wahali

OSC Alumni
Ok I’m not seeing any info about specifics. Where? Time? I see dates and “central Utah”

Wahali

OSC Alumni
Let me restate. Specific. Location. Please. Carbon county is a huge place. I’ve never been to one of these. “Same place as last year” doesn’t tell me anything.