2015 Relic Run & Retro Ramble Official Info Thread

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Cool Mike!

I am just finishing up some last minute work to the 'Platypus'. Tomorrow we will load up and get some shopping done. Plan to hit the trail on Wednesday and camp somewhere north of Rock Springs. We'll make the final push on Thursday. Does anyone know if the ice cream place is open in Kamas? Been craving a double cheeseburger and a shake! See you all soon. Let me know if you need me to bring anything.

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Cool Mike!

I am just finishing up some last minute work to the 'Platypus'. Tomorrow we will load up and get some shopping done. Plan to hit the trail on Wednesday and camp somewhere north of Rock Springs. We'll make the final push on Thursday. Does anyone know if the ice cream place is open in Kamas? Been craving a double cheeseburger and a shake! See you all soon. Let me know if you need me to bring anything.

:cool:

High Mountain Drug should be open regular business hours.

Things to bring, a good reminder for everyone:

What to Bring:
Your vehicle (1989 and older)
Your food
Hors d'oeuvre to share Thursday night
Potluck item for Friday Dinner
Fuel (5 gallons spare is recommended)
White elephant gift from the 70's or 80's ($10 or less)
Camping supplies & equipment
Your favorite 80's era movie on VHS tape
Citizens Band (CB) radio - Channel 18
A couple bundles of firewood
All the Relic gear you've collected!

mbradshaw

Supporter
Went over 6 years of Relic slides last night:)

Working on my side of things as well.
18646501842_0fd207ccff_b.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
I am just hoping to have a vehicle. Currently it is laying in pieces in the garage. I need to install the cassette player, mud flaps, speakers, column switch, windshield wipers, steering wheel. dash and battery.

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
I am just hoping to have a vehicle. Currently it is laying in pieces in the garage. I need to install the cassette player, mud flaps, speakers, column switch, windshield wipers, steering wheel. dash and battery.

Get on it!

The only ones that seem mission critical are the steering wheel and battery. None of that other stuff worked often in the 80's

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Platypus is loaded! We'll be on the road tomorrow in the AM. Headed through Jellystone, J-hole and down to Pinedale to camp tomorrow. See you all on Thursday!!

Sawtooth

Kurt. I had a hard time removing a lot of the old slides. Especially the first 3 years I was not there. So get ready for a slide marathon:) maybe we can filter through them as we watch the show ?

I may be a little late tomorrow night. I have to coach a baseball game at 5pm. I am looking forward to adding to my sticker collection.

18065558124_d579c35230_b.jpg

Last edited:

theferg

OSC Alumni
Dang it all. I'm totally sick. Yesterday began with a sore throat which then turned into much worse. I don't see me being able to make it tonight. :( But I'm gonna try and rest all day and see how I'm feeling later though. I'll keep ya posted.

theferg

OSC Alumni
Ok. I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon so I'm gonna come up. Wasn't able to get completely packed and ready yet so it'll either be late tonight or early tomorrow.

Back