2015 Relic Run & Retro Ramble Official Info Thread

ExpeditionUtah

Administrator
Join us in Utah's Uinta Mountains for a clash of the era's as we camp in the style of the 70's and 80's in some of Utah's most beautiful terrain. Registration now open!

16912014400_5d846f8679_b.jpg

Date: Thursday June 11 - Sunday, June 14th, 2015
Location: Base camp at Murdock Basin in Utah's Uinta Mountains
Route: Uinta Mountain Trail Rides Friday & Saturday (see below)
Activities: Nightly camp activities (see below)

Meeting Location:

We will be meeting at the Kamas Food Town at 6:00pm on Thursday.
If you cannot make it by 6:00pm, we will be camping along the Murdock Basin road throughout the duration of the trip. Camp can be found at approx. 2 miles up the Murdock Basin Road on the FR108 spur trail. GPS Coordinate: N40.632284 W110.935167.

Activities/Itinerary:

Thurs, June 11 - Meet at Kamas Food Town (6PM). From there we will caravan to our Murdock Basin base camp. Bring a hors d'oeuvre's to share with the group around the campfire that evening.

Friday, June 12 - Uinta Mountains trail ride (9AM). After returning to camp we will enjoy a 70's era potluck and Relic Run slide show around the campfire.

Saturday, June 13 -Uinta Mountains trail ride (9AM). Group meal sponsored by ExpeditionUtah. Following dinner we will enjoy your favorite 80's era movie night & white elephant game.

Sunday, June 14 - Pack up and head home (10AM).

What to Bring:
Your vehicle (1989 and older)
Your food
Hors d'oeuvre to share Thursday night
Potluck item for Friday Dinner
Fuel (5 gallons spare is recommended)
White elephant gift from the 70's or 80's ($10 or less)
Camping supplies & equipment
Your favorite 80's era movie on VHS tape
Citizens Band (CB) radio - Channel 18
A couple bundles of firewood
All the Relic gear you've collected!

What to Leave Home:
Your 1990 & newer vehicle

Please remember this event is only open to registered Relic Run & Retro Ramble participants in their 1989 & older vehicles. Friends and family are welcome as passengers in your vehicle but no additional vehicles can be accommodated. Please check back here often as the details will continue to be updated leading up to the event. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will start a frequently asked question section.

Registration Here

Information Packet:
View attachment Relic Run 2015 Info Doc.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Oh yeah!!! I'm in! I also have a friend from Colorado who will be signing up with his 1970 Bronco as well.

theferg

OSC Alumni
Ok. Lookin like I can actually make this trip. But if I've got a 1990+ front axle on my 1989 rig....am I disqualified.....? :( :p

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
What kind of info are you looking to include in the short bio? Serious? Funny? I'll write something up and send it to you direct if you PM me an email address - Bob

I need to get this done by this weekend so I can get it off to printing. Typically people provide serious answers but the fact that you have a favorite band from the 70/80's makes it funny. Photos from yesteryear are funny no matter how serious you try to make them.
1.Your name and passengers names.
2.Year, make and model of your rig.
3.What makes your rig unique.
4.Cool retro gear?
5. Favorite vintage movie, tv show, band, song, sports star and gadget.
6. A pic of your rig and a pic of you from the 70/80's if you've got it.

mbradshaw

Supporter
Call for Retro Ramble 2014 Photos!

Guys, I'm making the slideshow to VHS of last years Retro Ramble photos. Send me some select photos or as many as you can and I'll get them into the works. My travel schedule is really up in the air over the next couple of weeks, so I'm trying to button this up this weekend. Thanks, Mike

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
I need to get this done by this weekend so I can get it off to printing. Typically people provide serious answers but the fact that you have a favorite band from the 70/80's makes it funny. Photos from yesteryear are funny no matter how serious you try to make them.
1.Your name and passengers names.
2.Year, make and model of your rig.
3.What makes your rig unique.
4.Cool retro gear?
5. Favorite vintage movie, tv show, band, song, sports star and gadget.
6. A pic of your rig and a pic of you from the 70/80's if you've got it.

I'm prepping an email to all of the current registrations to gather this info. I'll send it ASAP and get you the information. Can I email it over to you as it arrives?

- Kurt

Call for Retro Ramble 2014 Photos!

Guys, I'm making the slideshow to VHS of last years Retro Ramble photos. Send me some select photos or as many as you can and I'll get them into the works. My travel schedule is really up in the air over the next couple of weeks, so I'm trying to button this up this weekend. Thanks, Mike

Done!

Stephen and Spencer, your up.

flyjester

EU Contributor
OSC Alumni
FYI there is still a lot of snow in the upper elevations. Nothing is really melting with this cool weather. I was up in Center Creek above Heber yesterday and the road at Mill Creek-Current Creek split was snowed in pretty good. I'm not sure if anyone has pre-run the Murdock Basin area but if it's anything like Mill creek area there should be a lot of snow, especially since there is more shade in that area.

Just passing on this info so that your Ramble can be a success.

Back