Relic Run 2019: Winding Through the Winds - 8/1 - 8/4

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Let's plan on meeting at the Louis Lake Road rest area (off of Rt.28, 11 miles north of the Wyoming State Highway Rest Area)) around 4:30 p.m. Will then do a drivers meeting and plan for 'key's on' at 5:00 p.m. for the drive to the camp spot. If this time frame presents challenges for somebody, send me an email and we will work out an alternate plan. Looks like a good group this year!!

Also - if anyone has any other questions or concerns, feel free to email me at: broncobob@tctwest.net

Dirtstar1

Supporting Member
Supporter
Let's plan on meeting at the Louis Lake Road rest area (off of Rt.28, 11 miles north of the Wyoming State Highway Rest Area)) around 4:30 p.m. Will then do a drivers meeting and plan for 'key's on' at 5:00 p.m. for the drive to the camp spot. If this time frame presents challenges for somebody, send me an email and we will work out an alternate plan. Looks like a good group this year!!

Also - if anyone has any other questions or concerns, feel free to email me at: broncobob@tctwest.net
Just to clarify, that’s the wide spot on the road where HWY 131”Luis lake rd” and HWY 28”Dickinson Ave” meet?

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Just to clarify, that’s the wide spot on the road where HWY 131”Luis lake rd” and HWY 28”Dickinson Ave” meet?
Yes sir! There is a USFS pit toilet there. The other 'state rest area' is a nicely finished building with flush toilets and sinks.

Dirtstar1

Supporting Member
Supporter
That’s gonna be a solid day for us. I’m meeting my copilot in Jackpot Nevada Wednesday night. We will get up early and tick off 450 miles to the meet point. Not to mention get the Grumman inspected and pick up some fishing licenses. We should have no problem making a Wheels up at 5pm

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
That’s gonna be a solid day for us. I’m meeting my copilot in Jackpot Nevada Wednesday night. We will get up early and tick off 450 miles to the meet point. Not to mention get the Grumman inspected and pick up some fishing licenses. We should have no problem making a Wheels up at 5pm
I'll try to check in with you during the day wednesday and see how you are doing. We can leave directions to camp if necessary.

As for the fishing at the end or the trail we will be camping on it is good. If you don't mind adding a couple miles to your hike you can save your vehicle for the trip home it is rough. The brooks I caught last year averaged 10 - 12" with some larger ones that seemed to be on diet. Good news is I may have found another small lake close to the main road that has some good brook trout fishing. Also where the main road crosses the PopoAggie has beautiful water.

Dirtstar1

Supporting Member
Supporter
As for the fishing at the end or the trail we will be camping on it is good. If you don't mind adding a couple miles to your hike you can save your vehicle for the trip home it is rough. The brooks I caught last year averaged 10 - 12" with some larger ones that seemed to be on diet. Good news is I may have found another small lake close to the main road that has some good brook trout fishing. Also where the main road crosses the PopoAggie has beautiful water.
Is the end of the trail gnarly with rocks? Or massive brush scratches? Both? Lol

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Is the end of the trail gnarly with rocks? Or massive brush scratches? Both? Lol
I spoke with Dave tonight as he is headed down there tomorrow to get the camp secured and run a section of the trail he is hoping to lead on Saturday. He said that trail mentioned above, where we are camping is rocky and he said he wished he had a spotter in sections (he wheels alone). IF Dave says that, it's gotta be gnarly. Knowing the area, its probably both rocks and branches!

Dirtstar1

Supporting Member
Supporter
I spoke with Dave tonight as he is headed down there tomorrow to get the camp secured and run a section of the trail he is hoping to lead on Saturday. He said that trail mentioned above, where we are camping is rocky and he said he wished he had a spotter in sections (he wheels alone). IF Dave says that, it's gotta be gnarly. Knowing the area, its probably both rocks and branches!
When I see see it I’ll decide if it’s too abrasive for my rig. Lol thanks for the review

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Relic Runners: Was there any discussion on RR20 plans at the 2019 events? Any leading ideas or offers to help?

Back